February 27, 2014

Successful Parenting Tip (Again!)

Following my successful mom tips some weeks ago, Aung had his fair share of good tips to share. We are wonderful parents, so please watch and learn.

Whenever Aung walks Mylo after his dinner (to give my mom's sanity a reason to return), he ALWAYS return with a sleeping baby. We are always very impressed that the ball of energy would hibernate and peace and tranquility could resume for all. Aung always emerged like a hero that had strike down this ferorious bear that had caused damage to the village - It honestly feels like that. We will cheer and squeal with delight!

A few days ago, Mylo was at his best, in terms of stretching his physical and energy capacity. He napped only for ONE PRECIOUS HOUR and refused to sleep anymore. This means, he is, roaming around, waiting to be entertained, fed and changed and up to his activities the entire day. When I returned home from work that day, my mom IMMEDIATELY summoned me to bring him for a walk. In almost the exact words of my mom (translated), " Do what your husband does, bring him for a walk and bring him back ASLEEP!"

That's what I did, rather confidently. I called Aung and told him that I will be bringing Mylo for a walk for some sleep inducement program. Aung said,"Yup, bring him to walk, he surely will sleep."

I  brought him to walk around the neighbourhood. I brought him to the junior college right behind my mom's and walk around the premise. We watched students played basketball. He coo-ed at most of the stuff, pointed in delight that I brought him to the junior college and then even attempted to play basketball with the students. After an hour - he was NOT ASLEEP. In fact, he was really ON FIRE, walking round the basketball courts and chasing after basketballs with screaming students who fear that the ball might just fly at him and strike him dead.

I went home with my failed mission and a wide awake baby. My mom's first reaction was," WHAT!" She would have packed her luggage and left if she didn't have to feed the hamsters and terrapins.

Aung came home and of cos I passed Mylo to him IMMEDIATELY. On the way home, I was complaining to Aung that Mylo didn't sleep when he was with me for an hour walk, I felt like a failure!

Then as if he was hit by the frisbee, Aung excitedly exclaimed, " OH, I FORGOT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING WHEN U CALLED. WHEN YOU BRING HIM TO WALK, DO NOT TALK TO HIM, KEEP PATTING HIS HEAD AND AVOID EYE CONTACT AT ALL COST!"

Then I realised, my darling mylo slept because he was BORED with his father. That was the tip of the day. BORE YOUR CHILD TO SLEEP. This is Aung's parenting tip for all.


Founder of "bore your child to sleep" and success story


Wishing you a very successful parenting journey.

No comments: