January 15, 2014

Relunctantly, happy new year.

This year is a weird year for me. It's like meeting a new friend, or a new job, or reading a new book. I do not know whether or not I like it yet. I do not know 2014 enough to say that I am jumping up and down in excitment, embracing it and welcoming it with all my heart and soul.

I am peering in - with my body stuck in 2013. I guessed I have had a pretty "good" year in 2013. Aung became four end of 2012 and in 2013 we are this happy, complete, contented family. I spent 6 months not working and the rest of 2013 just zoomed by in a blur of happiness of doing minimal. Yes, parenthood is intense with an intense baby who have 0 patience but yet buzzing around this baby seems to be the calming and "non-hurried" element of 2013. Being promoted in 2013 (announced when I was on leave), felt that I had been promoted although I did nothing ( although the assessment was based on 2012).

Now this 2014 came. Gosh, I have never ever remembered not wanting to go to a new year so badly. Not wanting to move forward. Not wanting to do that 12 months ALL OVER AGAIN. It was weirdly alarming that I had turned into this brat. This brat that DO NOT want to face the storms of 2014. This brat that DO NOT want to participate in any fun jolly rewarding whatever that 2014 may bring.

I am not sure whether it is a self-fulfilling prophesy or that sometimes one can feel your hostility and shy away from you but 2014 seems to have snapped back to say that maybe I am also not welcome.

Mylo was hospitalised over a bout of gastric flu that caused him to puke and stuff and the entire clan was down. I was also puking my guts out and had to run to the toilet for the other way. Everything was coming out of me in up and down. By the time we sort of got our slight health back, a week of 2014 passed and school resumes.

BOY, REALLY! 12 MONTHS ALL OVER AGAIN!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??? ANYONE CAN SHED SOME LIGHT?

So, relunctantly, happy new year.


 

No comments: