September 22, 2016

Breaking the silence

For slightly over a year, my blog space has been a mere state of abandonment & waste. A pity because I honestly enjoy reading what I wrote - because it brought back so many memories, conversations and thoughts in many different seasons of my life.

The updates:

Myles turned 10 next month. As part of his growing up, I try not to call him Maoster anymore and thought that as an acknowledgement of him growing up - he should be called his given name.

He is the shortest in class but I must say look one of the cutest as well. While many of his friends are morphing into a tween, he pretty much is still an innocent, wide eyed boy. Pretty much mild in nature and "harmless" although he can be one of the most muddle head boy I have never met. The complains are the same - he is messy, forgetful, lazy and has the worst motor skills you can find in a 10 year old. He is, however, gifted by us, plentiful of humour, extremely animated and quite a chatter. The most exciting thing in his life now would probably be his choir Japan trip that is happening next month just days away from his P4 final year exams. Well, one of the most exciting thing that is happening in my life at that moment would be super worried about his final year examinations! Having said that, I have to remind myself that an education should be all rounded and not purely based on academics achievements and with that as my belief, I should be thankful that he got chosen to represent his school choir to go so far away ( yay! no homework supervision for me for 10 days!).

Magnificent Myles@ almost 10 years old.


Callum is turning 4 in December this year. He is a battle that we fight every single day and a lullaby that we sing to each new dawn. He is impossible to please and has quite a mind of his own. His motor skills, contrary to his brother's, is exemplary. From the use of chopsticks, to jigsaw puzzles, to blocks and nerf guns construction and re-construction, he is a master of all. However, he has no patience for writing, reading and anything that ermmmmm we defined as "academics matters".

As we had quite a "SNAG" for our firstborn, Callum brings many refreshing perspectives of a man's man. Therefore, with his personality and disposition, we crave for his affections & praises as if he is the adult and we the child.  He is feisty and passionate and we love him fiercely at the same time.

Courageous Callum @ almost 4 years old.

US

We are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary this weekend. I thank God that my marriage is the only "boring' thing that has little to be updated. Aung, being who he is, continues to be the supportive, loving and dedicated spouse and dad. He is a little chattier over the years and we remain opposite in many of our thoughts, behaviours and temperaments but we are grounded with grace and hope in God and of God.

Aung with his offsprings - they are so in love with his dad that I get envious sometimes.

 
Work has been full of ups and downs. New role, new challenge and this season but the constant yearnings are the same: Retirement or Tai- Tai hood. Both out of reach so off to the grind, I must!


Generally, I have not been deprived. Of food, money, laughters & kindness. Therefore, I must be grateful for this season as I tend to be whiny and all.

Ending with the latest video of the offsprings. I wish they dun grow up so fast.






 

No comments: