December 1, 2014

One of those Aung days...

We had dinner one day (all 4 of us ) since we skipped Maoster's Chinese Class. Of cos, Maoster was in the best of mood since he "escaped" from hell and therefore he welcomed any form of suggestion to what we are going to do for that evening. Anyway, he understands that his freedom came out of pure grace and he was eternally (reads 4 hours) grateful and was pleasant and smiley.

We decided to go to a not crowded cafe at this relatively new Thomson building ( don't ask me what name -I cannot remember) and they served breakfast whole day. The best part of the cafe was that it was 1. Not at all crowded. 2. They have an area where they have a sofa and a TV that played the cartoon Road Runner on the loop. It was great because it means I can successfully get rid of Maoster who is a TV addict and place Mylo on a baby chair and feed him with approprate food that keeps him interested ( hashbrowns and scrambled eggs).

We were rather relaxed.

When the food came, Aung gave a quarter of his waffles to Mylo and one quarter to me. In exchange, I gave him some of the rosti which I wasn't impressed with.

After 30 minutes, Maoster realises that our food arrived (he already had dinner since he was supposed to have chinese class at 7:30) and wanted to eat our food. I raised my brow - I was relunctant to give him MY FOOD.

Before I even need to give him my food (note my relunctance) - Aung had asked another empty plate and gave half of the sausage and some eggs to his firstborn.

15 minutes later, Maoster came back again, very pleased with the standard of food, asked for more helping. I raised my brows, and before I could say another thing, another quarter of Aung's waffles with maple syrup went to Maoster's plate.

Aung looked at me and smile, "The kids loved the food here! They are really enjoying!" ( I was more of thinking, he already ate, he is just being greedy etc....)

You know, it is days like this that I understood why I married Aung. He is always so giving and always happy and contented with us -with his children who always takes food/time/all things wonderful from him and his wife who is always guarding her food (I did ask him if he wanted to order another plate though!). He doesn't expect me to behave anything more than myself ( a glutton!) and he always laughs at us affectionately. "All of you, are silly animals - my best Maos and my funny bunny!"

There's alot of eating over at the Aungs.






 

No comments: