August 19, 2015

Someone pressed the pause button

and before I knew it this is the very first entry I made in 2015.

Many times when I experienced something in life and I thought, I should update my blog, another experience came and after waves of waves of experiences, I find no footprints on the sand. Nothing that I remembered of.

I better write before I forget these experiences and memories. Forget how my boys talk. The conversations we have. How I feel about people, how I felt about God. How living was all about.

To kickstart, I want to jot down this observation I made.

In our young senseless days ( I still would have done it today, so still as senseless but not at all that young), we made our bathroom door in our room transparent. Yes - you see it all. When you poo, when you pee, when you shower, when and where you scratch ( okay it is very clear now) all could be seen clearly.

We had that door ( to my MIL's dismay) and we loved it. We loved it because NO ONE can come into our room to use our toilet and bathroom without having to close our master bedroom entirely - and it seems rude to be inside someone's master bedroom ALONE. It is just not a Chinese thing.

What is so wickedly pleasurable defines how Aung and I interact as well. We just talk to each other even when we go do our intimate private affairs ( or defined as some people) and it spares out some private time for us especially when we lock our children out as it is (shame shame) to see someone bathe as they are growing up way too fast. ( we confessed that it is only recently that we drove them out but Callum is still allowed to roam free range).

Nonetheless the good times have to come to an end. When you know that the bigger purpose outweigh your personally delight and one just have to sacrifice. We laminate the glass door with another opaque sticker that covers the centre of the door ( basically the head till the knees cannot be seen) because it is TRUE that the boys will somehow barge in when I forget to lock the door or Callum will be screaming outside wanting to come into the room. Or Myles would want to stay in our room because that is the room we allow air-conditioning. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE A NAKED MOTHER. IT IS JUST NOT RIGHT TO SEE YOUR MOTHER NAKED. NOT WHEN SHE IS OVERWEIGHT!

Some funny observations were made after the transparent door was somewhat covered. Callum will squat right outside of the bathroom and peep in to talk to us. He is not used to this "not being able to see us" while talking to us. In case you think that he is the only one. Aung is also having a hard time adjusting to our new form of communication. The other day, he was talking to me while I was taking a shower and he opened the door and stood outside the opened door and talk to me. I asked him,"Why you opened the door? You can talk to me outside the door what! I can hear you." He laughed and said," I want to bare my feelings to you. I can only do it with bare doors. Now our door is not bare!"


Bare your feelings. This is the only way to communicate. To see each other in the most "naked" form is healthy ( not literally and perhaps it is in the marriage context) and that's perhaps the only way to go.



 

No comments: